Friday, February 4, 2011

Size Dividers for Infant's Closet


I made these size dividers for my soon-to-arrive little boy. They are a very easy DIY project to keep your life organized. Like most moms-to-be, I have started to accumulate clothing from newborn all the way up to 18-24 months!. In order to be able to gauge how much clothing I actually have for a particular age group, I thought the use of dividers would be the best at-a-glance indicator.

To create these dividers, I just went to Michael's and purchased wooden door hangers. They are found in the wood projects section and are sold as plain door hangers intended as a project for your kids to make their own "Do NOT Disturb" signs for their bedroom doors. These hangers were only $0.79 each. I painted them with leftover paint from the dresser we refurbished. You could easily use leftover wall paint as well. In addition to the hangers, I purchased white 2" craft felt numbers and letters also from Michael's. They are in sticker form so no need to glue! Easy peasy! I used the standard sizes: NB, 0-3, 3-6, 6-12, 12-18, 18-24, 2T, 3T. I placed the felt size ranges on both sides of the wooden dividers as we tend to approach a rack of clothes from both ends (left to right and right to left). I have a teeny tiny "closet" as you've seen in my "No Closet Solution" post, so I couldn't fit all of the size ranges on the rod. I at least, though, have the dividers already made so that when he out-grows each size range, I will just rotate his closet out accordingly. No point in keeping out clothes that are too small.

I hope this little DIY project helps you get your life and your kid's closet more organized!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment